Friday, July 8, 2011

Toronto Modern Quilt Guild: Kaufman Challenge Complete!

I finally got around to binding this quilt. I was having a tough time thinking of a binding that would look good with all the colours and was still kind of funky. My Mom actually came up with the idea to use the same one that I used on her mug rug. However, I only had about 12 inches left of that binding. I decided to check out a fabric store in the east end that has some quilting fabric. Oddly enough, when I got there, sitting right smack dab in the middle of the cutting table, was the exact same Michael Miller gray polka dotted fabric I had used for my Mom's mug rug. Very weird but I was obviously thrilled that I was able to find the fabric I had in mind.
 In the end, I think the binding was a perfect fit. I LOVE the wrinkly look after it's been washed.

1 comment:

  1. I love your quilt, both front and back. The colors are great, and the design is so simple but very pleasing

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!